Esurance has launched a contest over social media.
- It didn’t require an app.
- It didn’t require extensive design and production.
- It isn’t even related to their core business.
- It’s an “add-on” to an existing initiative.
- It leverages their existing market research.
They are already a sponsor for the Outside Lands Music Festival in San Francisco, and the contest is focused on the city, the cultural flavor, and the event itself.
Using the lure of winning great prizes to make being at the event easier and cheaper, they encourage daily entries.
With staged prizes and daily interactions on Twitter (requiring following and tweeting), a dedicated hashtag (#insideoutside) for the contest, and an additionally promoting a green agenda, the contest is easy and in line with the interests of attendees of the event and residents of the city, and intrinsically viral.
It’s a tight, well done contest, that shows there’s purity in simplicity.
- It’s simple to set up.
- It’s easy to track and manage the specific results.
- It builds content and feedback that entrants won’t even realize they’re building.
Here’s hoping it has a great response.
Keep. It. Simple.
For more about the contest check out the Esurance press release here.