Skip to content
A Page from the Feudal Lord Playbook
- Set a seemingly random Sales & Revenue target for the coming year.
- Do not provide context for the selection of the number.
- Require a strategy and plan from only one department.
- Do not have, or do not share, the full business plan with the leadership team.
- Do not finalize budgets until a month after the new fiscal year has started.
- When presenting final departmental budget notify your department heads that their budgets have been cut by 10% and you need them to accommodate an additional 15% of expenses.
- Demand that to be considered successful, your department heads must perform better than the goal, at a lower budget than approved.
- Don’t read the strategy provided by the single department you required it from.
- Do not share any overall plans or discussions across departments.
- Demand departments collaborate, but refuse to lead.